demand-responsive transport offers a solution to the problems inherent in rural areas where urbanization has left people without public transport access
Urbanization has inevitably created peripheral areas in specific regions and left people living there without public transport access, because it wouldn’t be economically reasonable for operators to provide the service in the area without significant demand.
For the public transport operator, the on-demand service helps increasing efficiency by dispatching the vehicle with right seating capacity. It is also an obligation of local authorities to provide transport service for people unable to independently use or access public transport, because of their health condition. Demand-Responsive Transport helps to relieve these problems by providing service, which is not dependent on a specific fixed bus route or schedule.
- Service order registration
Customer specified pickup and drop off location and time
- System assisted dispatch service for route management and planning
Route calculation and travel distance measurement
Real time scheduling for optimal routes and increased vehicle revenue milage
Integration with public transportation routes and schedules
- Multiple payment options
- Customer web portal and mobile app
- Travel availability. A custom approach to customer needs. Point-to-point service at any time, all personal specific travel needs to be considered.
- Optimized logistics. System assisted route optimization, integration with public transportation.
- Easy payment. Multiple payment methods; cash, bank card, travel card, invoice.
- Convenient service ordering. Multiple channels are available for placing service orders and viewing service history.
- Higher efficiency. Increase in efficiency by dispatching the vehicle with suitable seating capacity.
Main target groups
- Public Transport Authorities (PTA) and Public Transport Operators (PTO).
Demand-Responsive Transport offers a solution to the problems inherent in rural areas where urbanization has left people without public transport access. The Authority and/or Operator receives financial gain due to optimized scheduling and vehicle capacity.