our qualified e-Seals are recognized all over the EU with the equivalent legal effect of a physical seal
e-Seal has a similar purpose as the “old-school” physical seal: to certify electronically sent documents and prove that they originate from the institution that sent them.
SK´s e-Seal is audited and certified according to the EU regulations which guarantees the wide international use of the service, as well as the highest level of trust even from the state authorities and top banks.
- convenient and economical – substitutes physical seals on paper thanks to which your business saves time and money
- highly secure – our e-Seal meets high international security requirements (like the eIDAS regulation) due to which it is much harder to be forged than a physical seal
- pioneering company – SK is the first in the EU to offer qualified e-Seal
WHICH E-SEAL SUITS YOUR BUSINESS THE MOST?
- e-Seal – SK issues advanced e-Seal with a qualified certificate which you download to your own secure memory stick or server from a web link.
- e-Seal on a secure device – SK issues a qualified certificate on a secure device (qualified signature creation device – QSCD) which provides high assurance on the security of the seal. It is useful, if you do not have a physical secure place where to store the e-Seal certificate. In addition, there is a high level of assurance on the identity of the person owning such private key. We send the device and secret codes separately with a courier.
- e-Seal as a service – together with our partners we offer a remote solution for using the e-Seal. Apply for the service via web and we will take care of the rest – securely guarantee the hosting of your qualified e-Seal.
- banking – confirming clients’ payment orders and proving payment transactions
- healthcare institutions – confirming patients’ analyses and medical history, exchanging information between hospital information systems
- state and local authorities – exchanging information in a secure environment between state and local institutions. For example, Estonia uses e-Seal in the national data exchange layer X-Road, where local authorities authenticate themselves to the system by confirming their institution with the e-Seal.
Information System Authority, Estonia
We use SK’s e-Seal in the national data exchange layer X-Road. Qualified trust services are important for X-Road platform and SK fulfills all the specific requirements. Our cooperation has been very good and with SK’s e-Seal we can provide secure data exchange for the whole public sector.